Monday, May 26, 2014

Birth Control

The unspeakable subject of contraceptives. Great subject to start out the week right? we are doing mondays right. no pun intended.

DISCLAIMER! In no way do I support or will I EVER support teen sex. I am a strong believer that you should wait until you have found your one and only and you two are MARRIED. None of this playing house/ marriage is such a big commitment stuff. Im sorry but I had to make sure none of you "13 going on 30" know-it-all's get the wrong idea from this post.  

Okay so you've got your variety of planned parenthood to choose from, and to be fair everyone is different!

--> IUD
Im sorry but this just does not sound like my cup of tea.. Having a device shoved up my yoohoo, not okay. I know quite a few girls that would argue for it though, thinking it is the easy way. Their opinion not mine. Im also not a fan of the whole 5 year guarantee. What if we want a baby before then. People say oh well they can take it out. Oh heck no they aint touching that thing for at least those 5 years after they stick it up there.

--> The Pill
Doesn't that just sound comforting. I tried this years ago when I had to get put on it for my ovarian cysts. It did wonders and I haven't had to go to the ER since because of uncontrollable pain. I don't know if I have just become a forgetful space-ball but for some reason there is no way I ever remember to take them, so ya.. that don't work anymore. Pills are definitely the more safer way to go but it is also the more failed type of birth control. That 1% failure rate seems to have a pretty big window. Just remember to take it!

--> Nexplanon
Some of you may have heard of this but most girls who are getting married in the next year or younger probably haven't. I mean give them a break it has only been around since 2006. Now you may be thinking yeah, I ain't trusting this newby. THIS IS THE ONE I HAVE. Let me tell you I was scarred out of my little mind and I drug my poor fiance to the OB full of pregnant ladies (Yup I scored a good one). Anyways the need is huge and the numbing stuff hurts on a pain scale of 1-10 probably a 9. But it is a one and done kind of deal like the IUD. Except instead of sticking it up your yoohoo it more comfortable sits in your arm. No harm there. The rod is the size of a match stick and it goes in your least dominant arm under your bicep. They numb it first (it hurts I know, I've done it). and then comes the jumbo needle but guess what. I didn't feel that one AT ALL! I was more concentrated on squeezing my fiances finger off because I was scared but literally didn't feel a thing. Now I don't have to worry for another 3 years until they take it out and either one replace it our two we have a baby. They can take it out before hand if you choose but personally I think 3 years is a perfect amount of time.

--> Depo Shot
The depo is a shot like the Nexplanon except not nearly as big and no numbing stuff. You get it done every 3 months at the doctors office. Personally though if I have to get a shot in the first place it's only going to be one.

--> Codoms (Male Birth Control)
Ha yeah good luck getting your man to use them every time. If they ever come out with a male contraceptive like they do for women somebody please tell me because I will love you forever and I would pay big bucks for it!

Yes there are many other kinds of birth control but I figured I would just cover the basic types. The Yoohoo, Pill, Shot, and the never gonna happen in your dreams. In no way am I an expert but this is just based on my experiences.


P.S. This the next day after the Nexplanon Shot, it looks like a killer but it's all good now. 
No bruise ever hurt no one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment