Sunday, August 10, 2014

organizing important documents

When I moved out to college I started my own filing system. It has worked out really well for me! After Ryan and I got married I needed to combine our documents and make new tabs for the both of us. This is far from fancy but it treats me well. I hope you can find some extra help as well. 




First make a list of what kinds of documents you would like to file. Here are some of the ones I use.

Housing
Cars
Auto Insurance
Health Insurance
Banking
Our Jobs
Taxes
Medical
Schooling
Financial Aid
Manuels
Phone
Personal


Next file them in any order that you would like, alphabetical, categorized or color coordinated.
I filed them by categories and hopefully will be color coordinating when I have some time soon.

It may take a while to get it all set up but trust me it is well worth it!! It is so easy to find documents now and I don't loose them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment