Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Crafting

OKAY! I have gotten a lot of people ask me how I made my Christmas Wreath this last weekend so I figured well why no just do a blog post!? Since you know it's been awhile. Don't Judge


WARNING: When I first bought my supplies I was super intimidated and nervous because it was so busy and I wasn't copying someone else's wreath, I created my own from my own ideas with some small idea help from pinterest. Honestly once I just sat down and really got into it you get the hang of it real fast and it is super easy!

Supplies:

5 1/2 inch Deco Mesh 
I used Red, Dark Green, and Lime (1 roll of each color]
Pipe Cleaners/ Fuzzy Sticks
I tried to stick with colors that matched my Deco Mesh, until I ran out (1 package)
Wire Wreath
I used a medium I believe (1)
Ornaments
I used Reds and Greens (1 small package)
Ribbon
I used a red/dark green/lime green Chevron Ribbon and Transparent Red (1 red roll and 2 chevron rolls)


Take your Deco mesh and cut about 5-8 inches width. Roll the center tight and let the ends be loose. Roll one of each color and then secure them all together with a pipe cleaner/fuzzy stick, twist tight! The whole Wreath is made of these little bundles of deco mesh. Continue repeating this process the whole time. 


Once you have a few done start tying them onto your wire wreath. The wire wreath should have 4 rings on it making two small spaces and one larger one. Wrap your pipe cleaner/fuzzy sticks-deco mesh bundle in and around the larger space and pull tight! This will help your wreath look full and hide the pipe cleaner a little better. If you are worries about your pipe cleaners/fuzzy sticks showing use the same colors as your deco mesh and tie the bundles tight and close together. I put ribbon and ornaments on mine so I didn't really working about it. 

THE BACK OF YOUR WREATH WILL LOOK UGLY. WHO CARES NO ONE WILL EVER SEE IT. DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. 



I used these ribbons and ornaments. In between every 4-5 bundle of deco mesh I would tie a chevron and a transparent red ribbon anywhere I wanted on the wire. Make sure they are long enough to see. I used two different sizes of ribbon to add variety. ORNAMENTS GO ON LAST. I arranged them on my wreath to fill in empty spots and add some extra flare. After I found what ornament I wanted were I hot glued them into those places. Just hold them there for a minute to dry and they will hold onto the deco mesh really nicely. 



Tips:

- After you get your deco mesh tied into your bundle pull apart the ends to make your wreath more full.

- Use different widths of deco mesh sometimes to add variety. I was not picky at all.

- Use the same color of pipe cleaners/fuzzy sticks as your deco mesh!! I finally ran out of red and green so I ended up have to use white and let me tell you it is much easier to blend and hide when they are the same color.

- Use lots of sizes, textures, and colors to add variety. It looks so much better!

- I got all of my supplies from Joann's. I had just enough Deco mesh to just buy 1 roll of each color but again, I did not tie the bundles super tight! I even ended up spacing them out even more at the end. I had to buy 1 roll of the transparent red ribbon and 2 rolls of the chevron ribbon and 1 small package of ornaments and less than 1 package of pipe cleaners/fuzzy sticks.

-Use Joann's coupons, they are oh so lovely. I made my wreath for about $25 WITH LEFTOVER SUPPLIES.



HAVE FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment